Friday, September 19, 2008

Sicker Than a Dog

Poor Jessie. She has been pretty darn sickly lately. So we carted her off to the vet. Not our normal vet that we know, trust and love. They were booked so I figured we would just pop into the office of one of the vets we use to take our herd to when I was a kid. Somewhere along the line, this country vet turned into a fancy pants vet that no longer believes in using his degree to flipping figure anything out. Oh no. They must use tests and more tests to say to you, "Yep, we aren't sure what it is without more tests so here's some antibiotics. Take two and call me in two days. Oh and here is some fancy pants food made by a crap company but we like to charge $3 a can." Which btw I hear most dogs won't touch with a ten foot pole. That says alot to me. If you can spend a good five minutes licking your nethers then you really should have no issues with crap food.


Way too much spent for no real diagnosis and we have a dog that is back to her usual self (give or take half her body weight). Laying on her back in whatever patch of sun shines in. We have switched her diet to a modified BARF diet (yep, I'm a wimp and can't hand her a hunk of raw meat yet) so she is transitioning to a homemade diet which is basically what I feed the other dogs but chopped up more cause she is without toofers.

2 comments:

snadra said...

Ugh, I have been to that vet before once, with Jammet, when her regular vet was out of town. It was the most expensive, test-riddled visit ever with no meaningful results. Sigh.

snadra said...

Oh and also, I'm very sorry to hear Jessie isn't feeling well and hope she returns to her happy self soon :)