Friday, September 5, 2008

Pesky Skeeters!

*This is your friendly tmi alert. If you have issues with that then move along people. You have been warned.*

We just returned from our first big vacation in our new popup camper. I have to say that I love that darned thing. The memories are still fresh in my head (yes, I will blog about the trip soon, Tabitha. I know what a popup lover you are.) as are the the bug bites. I really do not understand why in the world the little blood suckers like me so much. All I know is that those South Carolina skeeters are pervs. They did not aim for the easy parts like oh say an exposed leg or something. Nope, they wanted flesh that no skeeter has ever chomped on before. They headed straight for the hills and valleys the little bastards that they are.

They were sadly not frightened off by my hippy bug spray either. Heck they didn't even care when I threw caution to the wind and deeted up. I apparetly am like sweet feed for skeeters. Have you ever seen a horse that knows you keep the sweet feed in the Rubbermaid bucket and the plain ol feed in the metal bucket? I am pretty sure that is how the skeeters react when when I open our camper door. Only they do not make that beautiful sound of hooves running in a pasture. Do they even make a sound at all? Only sound a skeeter makes that I enjoy is the sound of my hand smacking them silly. Which is followed by Kaileigh running to see if there was any blood involved. Yelling "did you kill the blood suckers!!??"

Thank you Benedryl gel for keeping me from scratching like a flea bitten hound in public.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I want to see some vacation pictures! Except, you can leave out the skeeter bite ones.