Tuesday, July 28, 2009

4-H




My niece, Kiersten and my nephew, Zach are both involved in their local 4-H club. I loved 4-H when I was younger but was never involved as much as they are. Lucky for them, they are growing up on a farm and have had lots of fun raising all sorts of critters. The largest being cows.

Each year they raise a calf and show them at the 4-H fair. This was Zach's first year. That is him over on the right --> Isn't he just the cutest thing ever. Every time I see him I turn into one of those freakish aunts that wants to pinch his cheeks. Sorry bout that Zach :)

Zach had a puny little calf so we all knew going in that he would not win for having a perfect calf. But what the calf lacked Zach was able to show around and he did an amazing job. Even when the calf decided to do his impression of Silver and the Lone Ranger. (Yes, I use to watch that show. Do not laugh) I wish I had a picture of that action but I don't. Instead I have a picture of Zach working hard.






Kiersten had a whopper of a steer this year. Moody as all get out. (listen to me talking as if I know much about cows) All 10lbs of Kiersten had to lay down the law to 911lbs Cranky Mccrankypants. If I knew more about doctorin, I would have slipped ol Mccranky a valium or 10. See that is Mccranky right there--> eyeballin me.









Kiersten went back into the ring for a second time and showed the sweet little calf of Zach's and she did a great job. All smiles and answered
the judges questions like a pro.









Even Kaileigh got in on the action and held puny little sweet calf.
This is when she decided she should have a calf for when she is old
enough for 4-H. or a pig.. or a goat.. or a sheep or or how bout a fluffy rooster! *sigh*

No comments: