Saturday, July 26, 2008

Get Your Fluids Here!

I know you all know how important it is to keep the fluids flowing when you are sick but a electrolyte replacer such as Pedialyte is darned expensive. $5-$6 a liter is just plain silly especially when the stuff really doesn't taste so great. I have yet to see a kid just suck it down either.

I found several recipes for a homemade version but none of them tasted all that great. Adding sugarfree koolaid or crystal light helped but eh still not all that. This week I had the lovely chance to make enough batches of the stuff that I found one that works for my family.

1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp baking soda
1/2 C Juice Drink Mix (from the Bishops Store House)
1 1/3 Liter cold water (yeah, odd amt of water but that is the size of my container)

Mix it all up and chill.

If you don't have access to the Bishop's Store House then you could try another sweetened beverage but I honestly have not found a match. Store what you use and use what you store.

No comments: