Monday, July 28, 2008

Free is good.

I put the word out in my family that I was looking for canning jars. Have you all even looked at the price of those darn things recently? So I scored quite a few of them from my mother in law. Yeehaw!

Free is good. Free can also be dirty. These jars had been in the attic for who knows how long and they had a funky film on them that would not go away no matter how hard I scrubbed. I ran them through the diswasher once. Then I brought out the scrubby pad and tried that. Nope. Sorry. No can do. Try that same scrubby pad with some dry baking soda and woohoo. We have clean jars. Clean FREE jars.

Now I can store my bulk spices and teas. Oh and maybe can some of these perfect pickle sized cucumbers that are growing in the garden. Awww, I love summer.

No comments: