Saturday, September 12, 2009

Yellow Pear Tomato Jam Pizza


Last Saturday, as I was preparing to make pizza, Sandra stopped by to bring me some of her yellow pear jam. I am a big tomato fan so I was totally game to try out her recipe. As I chopped veggies, she and I discussed how her jam with baguette and cream cheese was so good. The idea formed between us to recreate her baguette idea in the form of pizza. Have mercy! Was it ever good! I am so not ashamed to admit that I have had this pizza 2 times in the last week.

Your only problem here is that you have to have a source for this jam. If you are growing your own yellow pear tomatoes then you are golden. If not then search your farmers market or beg them from your neighbors. Whatever it takes. This pizza is that good.

Sorta Kinda Directions
one batch of pizza dough
block of cream cheese, room temp.
smidge of milk
onion, chopped
green bell pepper, chopped
Italian Spice Grinder
loverly yellow pear jam

*Slap your pizza stone in your oven if you do not already keep it in there like me. Then heat your oven to 500F.
*Divide the dough into however many sections you want. I usually go with four. Remember to keep the remaining dough covered so that it won't dry out.
*In the meantime, thin your cream cheese out just a bit with the milk so that you can spread it.
*Shape your dough... roll, toss or whatever your method of might be. I won't judge you.
*Put your dough onto your pizza peel or your fav pan.
*Smear your cream cheese onto the dough, use as many grinds of the Italian Spice as you want,
sprinkle however many onions and peppers on and then drizzle however much of the beautiful jam on top as you wish.
*Bake away and enjoy.


Do not blame me or Sandra for when you gain 3lbs in the first week.

Oh yeah, I also have recently started using honey instead of sugar in my pizza dough. It isn't a big change but I like it. Let me know if you can tell a difference.
I also think I used a sprinkle of kosher salt on the pizza before it baked but I cannot remember for sure. Sad but true..

oh and please ignore the horrid chunks on the pizza. I thought I would try sausage... major fail on my part but the dog liked it.

2 comments:

snadra said...

So that's TWICE you've made it and still no picture? :)

kriscake said...

Actually no. There is a picture on my camera... now I just need to find where I put my camera. The picture was taken only because I knew I really needed to. It was misery waiting though.